The award is handed out during the High North Dialogue Conference in Bodø.
The awarding ceremony 2023 will be held at the High North Dialogue Conference 2023 in April. Don’t miss the opportunity to nominate a potential High North Hero.
Call for nominations
Every year, the public is invited to nominate candidates. Citizens from any country in the world are eligible to nominate candidates for the prize and to win the prize. You may nominate an individual, a company or an organization that meets at least one of the criteria below.
There is no requirement that the nominee is from the Arctic or resides in the Arctic; the intention of the Award is to highlight the efforts of a person or an organization whose work has a positive impact in the circumpolar north. Self-nominations are also accepted. Submit your candidate using the form at the end of this article. The nomination period closes March 10, 2023.
The nominee must have contributed to an achievement that fulfils at least one of the following criteria:
- The nominee has significantly contributed to business development, societal development, growth, or employment in the High North
- The nominee has significantly contributed to new knowledge about the High North
- The nominee is innovative and uses innovative methods to advance cooperation in the High North
- The nominee has a significant impact in the High North locally, nationally and internationally
- The nominee contributes to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the Arctic including, for example, gender equality or indigenous rights
- The nominee contributes significantly to strengthening collaboration in the High North.
An international committee will decide and announce the winner during the High North Dialogue 2023 conference on April 20th in Bodø, Norway.
All the criteria for nomination and the nomination scheme can be found at High North Hero – High North Dialogue.