The Thematic Network consists of research, observations, infrastructure building, public outreach and joint education activities aiming to improve Arctic and space situational awareness and space safety.
Thematic Network on Arctic Space Hub
- Examine long-term variability of geo-environment in the Arctic and its coupling to the extraterrestrial weather and climate. Share the data and knowledge on the Arctic and space hazards.
- Increase Arctic and space situational awareness and provide input to the national risk assessment and Arctic policy.
- Share educational material, good practices, on-line tools and remote educational infrastructures.
- Enable exchange of researchers at all career stages for collaboration in science and education, and enable double degrees and multi-disciplinary MSc and PhD degrees.
- A virtual meeting on discussing space related natural hazards and Arctic effects
- Exchange observations and data homogenization routines for improved long-term Arctic monitoring capability and organize joint measurement campaigns
- Share education material on space and geophysics related topics