The GCC welcomes applications from graduate students conducting climate-related research in any discipline. Eligible applicants must be enrolled in a graduate program in Fall 2022. Organizers encourage abstract submissions from diverse fields such as atmospheric sciences, biology, environmental management, forestry and fisheries sciences, oceanography, communication, public policy studies, urban planning, public health, and any other climate-related disciplines. The research does not need to be complete and can include proposed research in its early stages.
All participants are required to give a research presentation (oral presentation or poster) during the conference with limited spots available for oral presentations. Approximately 120 participants will be selected to attend the conference.
In addition to basic contact information, applications must include:
- An abstract (maximum 250 words) describing your research, reviewed for:
- Clearly stated relevance to climate;
- Scientific merit (contribution of original research with clear broader implications);
- Accessibility to all GCC participants (across many fields);
- A personal statement (maximum 250 words) describing how you see yourself contributing to the GCC and the larger research community that highlights any of the following:
- Special interests, perspectives, skills, or future goals;
- Aspects of your personal history, background, or identity that have shaped and impacted your experience in science;
- Demonstrated experience or interest in contributing to service, teaching, mentoring, and/or efforts to support diversity and inclusion;
- Whether preference is for an oral/poster presentation; and
- Whether applicant requires travel assistance funding to attend the conference.
Application deadline: 8 June 2022
For more information, go to:
Conference Application Webpage